I think we agree that this year has been a terrible shambles. With that in mind… it’s time to look over the year that was and look ahead to the year that will be.
- I started freelancing. While it’s not been the best year to start a business, I can now say I’m doing something.
- I attended web-related events that allowed me to learn great people and learn a lot. I can’t wait to get to another (that I can afford!)
- I watched less tv than last year, partly due to the fact I was living somewhere without one.
I found it really hard to think of some good points. It’s been a hard year and maybe I’m not thinking the best tonight…
- Corinne had to go back to the States and I haven’t seen her since.
- I lost my mother in July. A piece of me was ripped out that day.
- Money was tight and I almost didn’t have enough for presents at the end.
- When I got back to university I caught a month long cold that caused me to almost loose track of my studies.
- I didn’t fulfil last year’s resolution to read a book a month—but I did renew my library membership and purchased a few new books.
Goals for 2010
- Live frugally. Which also means that there will be a little less Starbucks in my future, and a lot more homemade espresso.
- Lose weight and go to the gym more. The month long cold took any of my exercising ability out of me, but I’ll find time to go.
- Grow the Business. It’s a long-term goal, but something I think I need to achieve… and should be able to do.
- See Corinne again as I don’t think I can’t last much longer without seeing her again.
- Start podcasting again on both Distance No Object and the Kilted Cast.
- Work on my personal projects and get them off the ground. Too often I get half way to completing it and loose interest.
- Eat less junk food and eat more vegetables.
Think I’ll manage that? Let’s hope so… Any resolutions you’re keeping yourself?